Anti-Bullying Week happens in schools across England each November. This year's Anti-Bullying Week has the theme Change Starts With Us and is happening from Monday 11th November - Friday 15th November 2019.
The theme: Change Starts With Us
We have worked with over 1,000 children and young people to decide the theme for this year. The theme aims are as follows:
Small change. Big difference.
Whether it is verbal, physical, online or in-person, bullying has a significant impact on a child’s life well in to adulthood. By making small, simple changes, we can break this cycle and create a safe environment for everyone. Because together, we can challenge bullying. Change starts with a conversation. It starts with checking in. It starts with work together.
Change starts here.
Change starts now.
Change starts with us.
This year the goal is to inform schools and settings, children and young people, parents and carers to know that it takes a collective responsibility to stop bullying. We are excited for this campaign as we want to create empowering, positive messages addressing the fact that when it comes to bullying CHANGE STARTS WITH US!
Over the coming months we will deliver the following activity:
- School packs for primary and secondary schools - which will include lesson plans, activity ideas, cross curricular activities etc. (launched in September)
- Odd Socks Day - this year, to avoid clashing with Armistice Day, we will hold Odd Socks Day on Tuesday 12th November to celebrate what makes us all unique (pack and song with Andy and the Odd Socks launched in September)
- Anti-Bullying Week School Staff Award - pupils can nominate their school staff now!
- Sign up as a supporter of Anti-Bullying Week (coming soon)
- Films for primary and secondary schools
- A special focus on online bullying
- A social media campaign to get involved in
- Much, much more to be announced
You can read about what we achieved in Anti-Bullying Week 2018 here.
You can download the logos and social media posts below. If you need any other file versions of the posts please email email@example.com
Get planning today and don't forget to use the following hash tags: