You know your child best so will be aware if something seems wrong.
The type of behaviour that might be an indication of bullying includes
- a reluctance to go to school;
- unexplained tummy upsets or headaches;
- showing signs of distress on a Sunday night or at the end of school holidays;
- becoming either quiet or withdrawn, or playing up;
- torn clothes and missing belongings;
- seeming upset after using their phone, tablets, computers etc; and
- wanting to leave for school much earlier than necessary or returning home late.
Bullying can have am impact on a child's mental health so if your child is showing signs of serious distress - such as depresssion, anxiety and self harm always see a GP.